Friday, December 24, 2010

And All Through the House

the Tree was in place, and so was the lace ....

VICTORIAN DOLL HOUSE - purchased in 2000

I thought Christmas Eve would be a good time to show photos of the exterior and interior of the doll house that I take to all my tatting events so you can see how I've decorated it in 'Victorian' style, with Victorian furniture and, of course, tatted lace. I will be describing this lucky find more fully in a future post, and also how and where I found the furniture.




This is the front view.

The door actually opens, and normally you can see into the house through the clear (acetate) windows, but I wanted you to see the detail on the windows.
















Here is the side with the double window, which I find charming















.






Here is the side with the single window


















And here is the interior, which is the way it looked a few years ago (a photo of a photo).

I've made a few changes since then, but you get the general idea.


The tree is all beads, which I found at Michaels.

Note the hardwood floors on the 1st level!


In a future post, I'll take you on a more detailed 'tour'.

At the moment the interior is not 'photo ready' because the house just came back from two events, and the furniture is still in disarry, as I always put it in positions that make it safe to carry, and I haven't had a chance to get it all back in place!

* * *


On this Christmas Eve 2010, I wish those of you who celebrate
the Christmas holidays
a Very Merry Christmas!


* * *

As a record of the weather here in Pittsburgh on Dec. 24, 2010, there's about 3" of snow on the ground (from previous snowfalls) - but none on the roads - with temps in the low 30s, no precipitation, no wind. Perfect. This kind of weather doesn't often happen on Christmas Eve, but this is how I remember every Christmas Eve during my childhood in the 1950s! It was a magical time - waiting for Santa! I'm feeling quite nostalgic this evening!

7 comments:

  1. Years ago I thought it would be wonderful to have a doll house just like this one! It's beautiful! I look forward to the detailed tour.

    Merry Christmas, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas!

    Lovely house. I look forward to the detailed tour. I love the way you've used tatting in it, it looks great!

    We had a trace of snow on the ground yesterday but then it all melted away. But at least the roads are clear! Last year our daughter from Wichita couldn't make it up Christmas Eve because of the bad weather. This year they should have no trouble making it for Christmas Day!

    May you both have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beatiful.

    The wreath that you saw on my blog might look a bit different since I left off the outer round. It is under motifs on Tat man's site and is a wreath attached to muslin fabric with a red bow. Hopefully that will help you find it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I got a chuckle out of your comment on my New Year post! Keep in mind I don't have a husband or small children to take care of. That means housework is not a priority either. It eventually catches up with me but I don't typically stress about it. Guess I'm making up for all those years when I was raising 4 kids alone and barely had a moment to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the doll house tatting and the doll house. Thanks for your comment and happy anniversary and happy birthday too.
    Well we were married in Rhode Island where we both were born and raised. I am an italian city slicker and my husband is an irish country bumpkin...LOL John is 9 yrs older so now at our ages we compliment each other...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so cute! I love the little tatted accents, they're perfect.

    ReplyDelete